New Prison Campaign
Author: Parish Clerk
ANOTHER PRISON IN GRENDON UNDERWOOD! - CAMPAIGN STATUS
In response to the Ministry of Justice giving notice of their intention to submit an Outline Planning Application to build a THIRD prison in Grendon Underwood, the Parish Council held an open Preliminary Fact Finding Meeting on 10th December 2020, for residents to give their views. In light of UNPRECIDENTED OPPOSITION expressed then, the Council resolved to hold a series of open meeting to keep residents informed of progress.
- The first such meeting was held on 19th January 2021 when the findings of research by residents were presented and the MoJ gave an outline of their proposals. You can you can see it HERE.
- Further to the end of the MoJ consultation period on 5th February 2021, Grendon Underwood & Edgcott Parish Councils formalised a Prison Working Group to develop an opposition strategy and further open [virtual] meetings were held to keep residents informed of its findings.
- A second open meeting was held on 15th February 2021 and you can see the recording of that meeting HERE access code 4^?P3QtC
- A third open meeting was held 16th February for those who could not attend on 15th and the recording of that meeting is HERE.
- Buckinghamshire Council held a Cabinet Meeting to discuss the proposal on 25th January 2021 and resolved to oppose. You can watch it HERE.
- You can see the formal Grendon Underwood Parish Council response HERE.
- You can see our MP's objection HERE.
- You can see our Buckinghamshire County Council councillors' objection HERE.
Minutes of all open meetings & presentations made at them are available on the Meetings page of this site.
As further information comes to hand, times & dates will be posted to this web site. giving as much notice as possible considering the time scales imposed by the Ministry of Justice & the Planning Authority.